Monday, March 19, 2012

Mom Jeans....



I have always looked young for my age. I still get carded for rated R movies and spray paint.
I was once out to dinner with my husband and his friend and the employee asked them (not me) if I was 12 or younger because I could eat free. I was 20 at the time.
Last week I found myself contemplating if I should change the way I dress and style my hair to fit my new 'mom' title. 

To me, motherhood brings on this sense of pride and accomplishment and when I go out with my little boy I am proud to be his mamma. But for some reason I always walk around feeling insecure because of the way people look at me. Because I look so young I can tell that they make judgement right away. Not many people ask me about this sweet little boy sitting in his car seat. I just get the "16 and pregnant" look that is often accompanied by an eye roll. Talk about making you feel good! I just want to flash my ring in their face and say, "look lady! Married!" haha. 

And so I say, "does anyone have a pair of Mom jeans I can borrow?" Maybe that would help. Maybe not. 
But just to clarify, I'm not talking about wearing half shirts and belly rings, but when I go to the store in yoga pants with my hair on top of my head I guess it makes me look younger and therefore not mature enough for a baby. Im sure other young ladies out there have the same problem. But then I realize that I am only 25 and I know I'm a great mom so I can dress and look my age if I want. Boom. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...