Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"book review" ?? kinda.......

I recently finished these two......

"Shiver" - Maggie Stiefvater


I was at Borders last month in the checkout line and the cashier was raving about this book that was on the counter. She was telling the customer that if he wanted to get someone hooked on reading they needed to read this book. She said they were better than Twilight and yadda yadda. She was a little crazy though, the man told her there were other books out there and she yelled that this specific book was better as he walked away. But I guess she won me over. I wouldn’t say its better than Twilight, but only because I am creepily in love with the series (don’t judge me) But this book definitely kept my attention. It’s a love story of a girl and a werewolf and that’s pretty much all I can share without ruining it. I really did love the book because it has a pretty great story line.




"Linger" - Maggie Stiefvater
The second part to the series. I thought this book was just as good as the first. I finished it even faster than the first and although I haven’t looked into it yet, I can see them producing a third book to the series and I will definitely be waiting for it. Both were easy reads with great story lines and I do recommend them :)




Currently reading-
"13 Reasons Why" – Jay Asher


So far I love this book. I'll let you know if I feel the same when Im finished. :)






Currently awaiting the arrival of-
"The Kind Diet" – Alicia Silverstone

Now, I am not vegan (I just can’t give up my feta) but I am curious. I think it will be interesting to learn more about it and maybe try out a few ideas here and there as well as the yummy recipes I have been hearing about!
A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet
I watched this video of Alicia talking about her book and I was so inspired by her life! Literally. Now i don't expect you to watch the video because it is an hour long, but somehow I made it through the entire thing. I couldn't get over her talking about how she feels. She kept saying that she wakes up in the morning feeling great and energized, no coffee/tea needed. Her skin glows, she never goes to the Dr. and she just always feels great. It made me jealous. I eat healthy, but I don't feel like that all the time. And I am curious as to what more I could be doing So I will be reading this bad boy soon and Im excited.
Any book suggestions are welcome! I hope you all have a wonderful night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...